Welcome to the Stampin’ Friends Birthday Bash Blog Hop. This month’s hop features birthday cards. Everyone has a birthday, and we always need inspiration. If you are following along on the hop, you have arrived from Lisa Ann Bernard’s blog. Be sure to read through my blog, comment below, and continue to Heidi Collins’ blog.
Here are the projects I created for this month’s hop.
My inspiration comes from many places, and a version of today’s card can be found in Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2020 Mini Catalog. It uses brand-new items from the Tropical Oasis Suite found on pages 38-40. There are many fun, beachy, tropical elements to the suite: from the stamp set to coordinating dies, the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder, Braided Burlap Trim, and the ever-so-cute Tropical Oasis Trinkets.
Here’s a link to the catalog: January-June 2020 Mini Catalog.
i just love everything tropical, so this suite spoke to me. My favorite flamingo images can be found on a couple of sheets of 12 x 12 paper included in the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper. This birthday card could be used for both males and females.
The card is layered on a Crumb Cake base and includes a patterned piece from the Tropical Oasis DSP. I stamped the palm trees (found in the Timeless Tropical stamp set) with Early Espresso ink and cropped them with the palm tree die from the In the Tropics Dies. The birthday sentiment is stamped with Pretty Peacock ink onto Whisper White card stock. I punched the image with Stampin’ Up!’s Timeless Label Punch. I added a small strip of Mango Melody for some color and added a bit of Linen Thread tied in a bow.
In addition to the birthday card, I decorated one of Stampin’ Up’s Mini Pizza Boxes. This 3D item makes a perfect gift card holder!
I carried the birthday card design to the box, using pieces of the Tropical Oasis DSP, the palm trees, and the sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by the Stampin’ Friends Blog Hop today. Please let me know if you have any questions about the card or the pizza box. I’m happy to help. Look for a list of products used (and links to my online store) at the very end of today’s post.
A list of all the blogs is below. Lots of great ideas!
- Rachel Rife – https://rachthestamper.com/birthday-bash-blog-hop/
- Kim Lamos – https://www.pinkzebrapapercreations.com/2020/01/stampin-friends-blog-hop-birthday-bash.html
- Teri Pocock – http://www.stampinmagic.com/2020/01/stampin-friends-blog-hop-birthday-bash.html
- Cheryl Taylor – http://cheryldiana.co.uk/stampin-friends-birthday-bash-january-blog-hop
- Jo Blackman – http://www.joblackman.com/2020/01/sf-2020-january-birthday-bash-blog-hop.html
- Steph Jandrow – https://stampinandscrappinwithsteph.weebly.com/home/Stampin-Friends-2020-Birthday-Bash-Blog-Hop
- Katja Ettig – https://www.kleine-stempelmiez.de/2020/01/16/stampin-friends-blog-hop-birthday-bash-2
- Lisa Ann Bernard – https://www.queenbcreations.net/2020/01/stampin-friends-birthday-bash-hop.html
- Kim Quade – https://kimplayswithpaper.com/home/stampin-friends-birthday-bash
- Heidi Collins – https://on-y-go-stamping.weebly.com/home/stampin-friends-blog-hop-birthday-bash
- Maureen Rauchfuss – https://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/2020/01/sf-2020-january-birthday-bash-blog-hop.html
- Jean Bolen Beaulieu – https://danantmom.blogspot.com/2020/01/stampin-friends-2020-blog-hop-birthday.html
- Anne Marie Hile – http://www.stampinanne.com/2020/01/birthday-bash-january-stampin-friends.html
- Barbara Welch – https://creativestampinspot.blogspot.com/2020/01/stampin-friends-birthday-bash-blog-hop.html
- Melissa Thomas – https://seatoseastampin.weebly.com/blog/stampin-friends-2020-blog-hop-birthday-bash
- Sue Vine – https://misspinkscraftspot.blogspot.com/2020/01/its-birthday-bash-with-stampin-friends_17.html