Welcome to the April Stampin’ Friends Blog Hop where I’m featuring a card for dog moms.
Thanks for joining us on this hop. Be sure to visit all of the blogs and leave a comment. Follow along using the links at the bottom of this post. It’s a great lineup of cards and projects.
We’re celebrating moms for Mother’s Day. I know there are a lot of dog moms out there, so I decided to have a little fun with Stampin’ Up! products. I’ve created a card for moms of our furry friends!
For Dog Moms Card
I used a variety of products to create this card. Look for them in Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog and the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog:
- Dog Builder Punch (#148543 – $18)
- Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper (#151319 – $11.50)
- Dressed to Impress stamp set (#151666 – $18)
- Stitched Shapes Dies (#145372 – $30)
- Layering Ovals Dies (#141706 – $35)
- Little flowers from the Detailed Deer Framelits (#147915 – $34)
I love Stampin’ Up!’s color coordination. The Best Dressed Designer Series Paper uses a host of complementary colors, and I chose Petal Pink and Mint Macaron for a more feminine look.
And, we need a treat bag to accompany the card.
I followed the same color scheme and used the same basic products as the card to create a fun, little bag filled with dog treats. The 3 x 9 Printed Gusseted Cellophane Bags (25 bags for $7 – #151312) provide a perfect receptacle for treats like this and the Scallop Tag Topper Punch makes it quick and easy to create a tag.
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to visit all of the blogs on the hop. Here are the links:
- Stephanie Jandrow – https://stampinandscrappinwithsteph.weebly.com/home/stampin-friends-blog-hop-all-about-flowers-and-moms
- Jo Blackman – http://www.joblackman.com/2020/04/sf-2020-april-blog-hop-all-about.html
- Jean Bolen Beaulieu – https://danantmom.blogspot.com/2020/04/april-2020-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Teri Pocock – https://www.stampinmagic.com/2020/04/stampin-friends-blog-hop-all-about.html
- Tiziana Milano – https://stampinwtiziana.blogspot.com/2020/04/stampin-friends-april-blog-hop-all.html
- Kim Quade – https://kimplayswithpaper.com/home/stampin-friends-for-dog-moms/
- Heidi Collins – https://on-y-go-stamping.weebly.com/home/stampin-friends-blog-hop-flowers-and-mothers
- Katja Ettig – https://www.kleine-stempelmiez.de/2020/04/16/stampin-friends-blog-hop-all-about-flowers-and-moms/
- Rachael Rife USA- https://rachthestamper.com/flowers-and-moms-blog-hop/
Here is an all-inclusive list of what I used to create the card and tag. Click on any of the graphics to be taken directly to my online store where you can shop 24/7. Remember to check the Clearance Rack. It was recently updated with new items!
I’m sharing a new how-to video showing the masking technique with Stampin’ Up!’s Timeless Tulips stamp set.
I hope you enjoy this quick video I recorded demonstrating how to use a Post It Note and rubber stamps, ink, and paper to create lifelike images for your card making. This technique works with a variety of stamps and images. Be creative and see what you can do.
Here’s the tulip card I demonstrated. See this blog post for details.
Here is another card I created using one of Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Sale-A-Bration stamp sets, The Gang’s All Meer. It shows how I used a mask with the cactus to give them a real-life appearance.
Thanks for taking the time to watch the video. Please let me know if you have questions about this or other techniques!
On Another Note
Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog is nearing the end of its run. The sales period ends June 2. A retiring list publishes April 22. We do know the 2018-2020 In Colors retire. They include: Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, and Blueberry Bushel. So, if you love these colors and need ink pads, ink refills, card stock, ribbon, Stampin’ Write Markers, Stampin’ Blends, or Designer Series Paper containing these colors, get them now. They’ll go fast once they are officially announced on the list.
Looking for something fun and creative to do during our stay-at-home time? Stampin’ Up!’s all-inclusive kits offer a great value. This link takes you to the online store where you can view these kits. They include: Looking Up Card Kit, Notes of Kindness Card Kit, and Lots of Happy Card Kit. You may need additional adhesive; be sure to include a SNAIL or Glue Dots with your order.
Lots of Happy Card Kit
Notes of Kindness Card Kit
Looking Up Card Kit
Thanks for stopping by today! Please let me know if I can help with any of your crating needs!
I hope you enjoy this free tutorial for the Under My Umbrella bundle!
Under My Umbrella
Even though Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 January-June Mini Catalog came out early January, there are still a lot of stamp sets and goodies to enjoy. Under My Umbrella Bundle, found on page 42, offers a fun stamp set and punch combination. This card and tutorial was created by Judy Garza.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- STAMPS – Under My Umbrella (151518), Under My Umbrella Bundle (153786)
- PAPER Pool Party Cardstock (122924), Calypso Coral Cardstock (122925), Whisper White Thick Cardstock (140272), Whisper White Cardstock (100730), Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper(DSP) (153558)
- INK – Early Espresso Ink Pad (119686)
- STAMPIN’ BLENDS: Dk Calypso Coral (144044), Dk Daffodil Delight (144585), Dk. Petal Pink (146871), Light Old Olive (144574)
- OTHER- Umbrella Builder Punch (151293), Stitched So Sweetly Dies (151690), Corrugated 3D Embossing Folder (151811), Paper Snips (103579), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220), Crushed Curry 3/8” Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (149444), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Cutting & Scoring:
- Pool Party – 11” x 4 ¼”, score at 5 ½”, 3 7/8” x 5 3/8”.
- Calypso Coral – 4 ¼” x 3 1/8”.
- Whisper White – 4 ¼” x 3”, 5 ¼” x 4” (inside)
- Dry-emboss Pool Party panel and adhere to the card front.
- Use the largest scallop rectangle die to die-cut smaller Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp and punch an umbrella from the DSP. TIP: It is easier to punch the umbrella then, using a self-made template, stamp the umbrella using the Stamparatus.
- Position the umbrella on the scallop rectangle and lightly pencil-trace the top outline. (This is to aid with positioning the flower stamps. Be sure to pencil in the outside tips)
- Use Early Espresso ink to stamp the two floral images a total of three times, making sure they do not extend past the outer ends of the umbrella. It is ok if some fall over the top line as they will be covered.
- Stamp one each of the two floral images onto a scrap of Whisper White. Use Blends to color all the flowers and leaves, as shown. Then, fussy cut the extra images.
- Glue the umbrella under the flowers (where the pencil marks are).
- Stamp the sentiment in the upper left corner. Glue the umbrella handle, as shown.
- Strategically dimensional one (or two) of the extra flower cluster images to cover up any gaps in stamped flowers.
- Glue the focal panel to the Calypso Coral panel then dimensional the unit to the center of the card front.
- Make a bow and add to the upper right corner with a glue dot.
- Finally, add rhinestones to the larger flower centers.
Products Used to Create This Card
Sharing an Easter card idea, refreshed and updated from a card I created last year. See the details below.
I created a version of this Easter card last year. See the previous card here. I’ve made a couple of changes using current Stampin’ Up! products. It’s just a fun, springy card to send to anyone!
Here’s what I used:
- Timeless Tulips stamp set (found on page 43 of Stampin’ Up!’s January-June 2020 Mini Catalog.)
- Waterfront stamp set (for the sprinkles)
- Daisy Punch
- Grapefruit Grove, Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather and Daffodil Delight card stock
- 6 x 6 In Color 2018-2020 Designer Series Paper
- Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
Two Weeks Left to Sale-A-Brate
Stampin’ Up!’s most fun promotion of the year is coming to end. The last day to get FREE items with your purchases of $50 and $100 is March 31. (If you see something you like, get it sooner rather than later as a number of items have been so popular and are sold out.)
Remember: There are three ways to Sale-A-Brate:
Shop: Spend $50 and $100 and choose free product such as exclusive stamp sets, Designer Series Paper, and more. At the end of this post, I’ve included the offerings for both the $50 spend selections and the $100 spend selections.
Host: Host a party (this can even be done online) with $300 in sales or purchase $300 (great time to stock up on those supplies) and receive the free Ladybug stamp set.
Join: This is Stampin’ Up!’s ultimate bundle! For just $99, receive your choice of $125 in product (that’s your choice) and it’s shipped free. In addition, get a free mini paper cutter and a 6 x 6 sampler package of Designer Series Paper. And, there’s more. Also receive one additional stamp set of your choice FREE. Then, just enjoy your discount. There is no obligation or requirement to host parties or workshops or sell to anyone else. What do you have to lose? Have questions? Please contact me; I’d love to chat.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s card. Thanks for stopping by today.
Free with a $50 purchase:
Free with a $100 purchase:
Welcome to the Stampin’ Up! Maui Achievers Blog Hop. I’m featuring the Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper.
Maui Achievers Blog Hop is live! We are a group of Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrators from around the world who have achieved the Stampin’ Up! bonus of the Maui trip. We want to celebrate this achievement by organizing a monthly hop which helps us to continue to inspire you creatively.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else’s blog – either way there is a list at the end of this post to help you move around all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. Be sure to visit them all.
Stampin’ Up! Please As Punch Designer Series Paper
The card I’m sharing today uses the Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper. It’s part of Stampin’ Up!’s Coordination Product Release. This is a limited-time release. It’s 12 sheets of patterned paper: 3 each of 4 double-sided designs–umbrellas, hearts, flowers, and tulips. All of the designs coordinate with one of Stampin’ Up!’s current punches. This makes card making so easy! The coordinating colors are Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, and Whisper White.
Here are some of the ingredients I used:
- Whisper White card base
- Basic Black card stock
- Gorgeous Grape card stock
- 6 x 6 Brights Collection Designer Series Paper
- Pleased as Punch Designer Series
- Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set
- Gorgeous Grape ink pad
- Heart Punch
- Classic Label Punch
- Stitched Shape Framelits
- Layering Squares Framelits
- Whisper White 1/4-inch Crinkled Seam Binding colored with Highland Heather Dark Stampin’ Blend Marker
Click on any of the links at the very end of this post to be taken directly to my online store to purchase these products.
Click on these links below to visit all of the blogs on the hop. Look for a variety of awesome cards created by talented demonstrators.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoy all of the projects!